Tuesday, 9 March 2010

You Muppet!

We returned our hire car today. The airport is shut so there was no one around except for two Olympic Airways (haven’t they gone out of business anyhow?) officials. No Avis rep, nothing. So, after ten minutes sitting in the car park waiting for Avis to arrive we decide to ring their office in Lefkas. Ah yes, they had forgotten we were returning a car today. They will send someone to collect it. Meanwhile, can we just leave the keys under the muppet. You what? Yes, please, just leave them under the muppet. Er, I’m afraid I don’t understand. The muppet, leave them under the muppet. I’ve left keys under sun visors, under carpets and on wheels before but never, ever under the muppet. After another couple of tries the woman went off to speak to someone else and came back saying, yes please leave the keys under the mat. That’s more like it. We did, and that was that.

No comments: