Tonight at Big Vathi anchorage on Ithaca I can report that Sir John Windlass has found a new "best track ever".
Before we left Kaş Andy and Val (half of Sundancer) gave us a load of CDs after I said I was still listening to the same tracks as when I was 20. There's some pretty OK stuff in there but tonight I put on Chris Rea. Wow! That first track just blew my mind, man. Many thanks guys. We think of you whenever one of those CDs goes on...and this is just the best.
The rest of the album is prrety awesome too.
My family will tell you that until today I only knew about 30 song words in total and since Oh When the Saints counts as 19 that's pretty poor. Today I've just added another two.
Cheers guys.
However, more rats last night and the windlass chain stripper is knackered. That one is going to require some ingenuity to fix I fear. Oh yes, it looks like my anchoring assistance for Dilek (Symina) is going to make me famous - the story has now been syndicated to a national (I think) Turkish newspaper. What a wierd life.
Monday, 7 July 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment