Sunday, 6 July 2014

Through the Corinth Canal

I’ve been putting off this blog posting because I wanted to try uploading a video for the first time and something new always takes a bit of time plus we’ve been really busy. Hence it is out of chronological order from the other postings being a week or so delayed. However, I thought you might like to see what the amazing Corinth Canal looks like. I won’t quote all the stats about it as you can look that all up on the old interweb if you are interested. For me thought it was the first major staging post on the journey. Let me know if the videos work for you. I suspect they may take an age to load.

[Just as an aside Gill's milestones all relate to meeting up with different people, mine are all geographical, Dilek’s are the crossing of various seas and Brian from Alixora only had one – getting his mail from us here in the Ionian!!]

Anyway we arrived with Dilek to the eastern end of the Corinth Canal, spent the night in a blustery anchorage (we actually dragged 20 yards or so in the wind which is most unusual for us) and then set off early the next morning. The pictures tell the story. Boo to the catamaran that jumped in between us and Symina that meant it was hard to photograph each other. At the western end of the Dilek left us to try to get her windlass repaired. We are still waiting for her to catch us up.



Dilek and Deniz on Symina follow us out of the canal  and into the Gulf of Corinth

Looking east back through the canal towards the Aegean and Turkey



No comments: